Writing & Talking
Writing and Talking are great activities to help you get through challenging periods. I’ve practiced many different ways of expressing myself. Here is a summary of the show:
- Writing and talking are great tools for self reflection and discovery.
- Especially writing.
- We got all this jumbled stuff within in our minds, and we need a platform or a medium to sort it all out.
- I think if you are going through a challenge, then this can help you get some of the nasty stuff out of your head, but also help you organize your thinking.
- When you were done, say, your small journal is done, then you simply dispose of your writings.
- These things are not mementos or keepsakes.
- If you have someone that you fully 100% trust, you can sort a lot of things out, as long as the other person is not focusing on giving advice.
- The Socratic method is a form of cooperative argumentative dialogue between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presumptions.
- Argument – just talking about opposing ideas, no malice, just respectful communication.
- I get this often times where it’s just a conversation about something that is on my mind, and I am having a good conversation, and then new ideas will pop out and then I grab them and say YES that is a good idea, that could be very helpful! It could come from the other person, but I find at times, the idea comes from me.
- What do they say, we all have the answers within us.
- If you can get some value – and idea or the spirit of the direction of where you must go, then that is all you need.